What are nicotine salts, how could they potentially benefit you, and why they are starting to make so much noise among vapers…
Nicotine Salt, also known as Nic Salt, is a type of processed nicotine used in vape juice. Many vapers find nicotine salts more satisfying than regular “freebase” nicotine.
Nicotine salts actually form naturally in leaf tobacco and are considered to be a more stable form of nicotine than the freebase form.
You might be wondering why nicotine salts are any better than what you are vaping currently.
It’s not about which is better but more so about what your preferences are and what kind of vaping experience you are trying to achieve to help you move away from smoking.
The e-juices that you find currently on the market has something called freebase nicotine.
There are differences between freebase nicotine and nicotine salts but what makes nicotine salts different boils down to this key components:
- User-Friendly Device – It’s easy to use and hassle-free. Not only that, it fits in your pocket like a charm and if you’re not into getting huge clouds then salt nics are right for you. You can find devises that are made for nic salts here:
- Higher Nicotine Levels – This is a huge step for the vaping community since the higher nicotine levels and the instant rush you get from nicotine salts will help immensely in quitting cigarettes. Some may argue that nic salts are more effective in fighting cravings than the other devices in the market.
• Smoother tasting and less nicotine bite – Nicotine salt can create a better vaping experience in general for those who want to vape at higher nicotine levels. The throat hit will not be as harsh compared to the freebase nicotine at the same levels.
• Use Less E-liquids – Because of the high nicotine levels and better absorption, you will not need to consume as much e-juice. Less vapor production is needed and can be a big plus for someone who is looking for a more low profile device that works arguably better for your nicotine satisfaction
• Longer shelf life – Due to nicotine salt being in its natural state, it is more stable and less likely to oxidizing faster.
One thing to keep in mind is that salt nics operate in lower wattage devices. It is strongly recommended to avoid using high powered devices to vape salt nicotine. Using sub-ohms to vape salt nicotine at 50 mg nic levels will give you excessive amounts of nicotine and would be fairly unpleasant.
As we have stated above, the salt nics are designed to be used in lower wattage devices due to the higher amount of nicotine absorbed as well as not requiring to vaporize at higher temperatures.
Not only are the devices low profile and sleek, most of the low wattage devices are autofire meaning you only get vapor when you inhale it. This makes it a user-friendly device for any smokers who are new to vaping without the investment in figuring how all of the current devices work.